Quantum Leaps Conference
2016 Quantum Leaps Conference
Tuesday, November 22, 2016 from 4 pm to 8:30 pm
UNBC Terrace Campus
Science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) careers offer women many exciting opportunities and our annual Quantum Leaps Conference showcases just that and more.
Quantum Leaps is a STEM conference designed to encourage and empower young women to pursue education and careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
This year, we are pleased to welcome the following local and successful women in STEM careers: (as of October 28, 2016):
- Dr. Catharine White, PhD, Microbiologist and College Professor (Northwest Community College)
- Marina Downs, Medical Imaging Technologist (Northern Health)
- Sarah Railton, RPF, Professional Forester (Naiad Stewardship Solutions)
- Natasha Papachristoforou, BSc, MScPT, Registered Physiotherapist and Certified Yoga Teacher (Cedar River Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Centre
- Maria Otto, BSc - Recent BSc Biochemistry Student Graduate (University of British Columbia Okanagan / Terrace resident)
- Lyssa Maurer, BSc, Hydrometric Technician (Water Survey of Canada - Environment Canada)
Please keep checking back for more confirmations of panelists!
85% of girls reported that they learned about a new STEM career after attending our 2014 Quantum Leaps Conference.
65% stated that they were interested in pursuing further education in STEM; the same amount (65%) reported that they were thinking about a career in these fields.
Hosted by UNBC in partnership with local non-profit, Northwest Science and Innovation Society (NSIS), this FREE event is a great opportunity for young women to connect, ask questions and get inspired for the future. For more information, contact Christine Slanz at email@example.com or call 250-631-9045. Thanks to The W. Garfield Weston Foundation for their financial support.
The event is free, but you must pre-register. Click here to register on-line for Quantum Leaps 2016.