Activities + Links
Just For Kids Resources
- Bubbles From the Exploratorium
- How Stuff Works
- Science Buddies
- Science Fair Foundation
- Discovery Education Science
- Science News for Kids
- The Thinking Fountain
- Young Inventors International
- Youth Science Fair Foundation of Canada
Hot Science Spots to Visit
- Bloedel Conservatory (Vancouver)
- Centre of the Universe (Dominion Astrophysical Observatory - Victoria)
- Exploration Place (Prince George)
- H.R. MacMillan Space Centre (Vancouver)
- Vancouver Aquarium (Vancouver)
- Community Science Celebration
For the sixth consecutive year, Science World visited Northwest BC in October, 2010 with its special blend of science, excitement and fun!
The popular Community Science Celebration, a community-based series of entertaining, engaging events that involve students and families, encourages people of all ages to see the positived impact that science, technology and innovation has on the region's economy and encourages students to see value in science studies and consider science and technology career options.
BIG Little Science Centre
The BIG Little Science Centre (BLSC), located in Kamloops, BC, was started in February 2000 by Gordon R. Gore, a retired science teacher who has dedicated his life to teaching science in an interactive environment. The Centre currently operates out of four classrooms leased from School District 73 at Bert Edwards Science and Technology School. The current program format allows visitors a period of time to experiment on their own at any of 120 plus hands-on stations located in two classrooms. A third room is used for demonstrations while the fourth room is used for demonstrations and serves as a basic teaching laboratory with capacity for 32 visitors.